Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Brush with the Law

Ever since my friends and I got our licences they like to drill me about the fact that I spent a good chunk of change on drivers ed and still am not as good as some of them. Don't get me wrong, I am a great driver. Just sometimes I'm bad with directions and can overlook the small stuff, like not knowing how to switch off the lights in the car or how to put on the heat. I always ignored them but last Tuesday morning I knew that I'd be hearing the taunts for a while.
As I turned the corner onto East Main after dropping my mom off at work I approached a school bus. Anybody who is familiar with the part of main street right outside the YMCA knows it gets busy. I saw some cars parked, some driving, some with their hazards on. It was a plethora of cars. Sure, I saw the bus but the cars in front of me kept driving so I did too. All of a sudden I see the po-po in my rear. I guess I was supposed to stop.
I was calm when he asked me for my registration and license. However I didn't have the license. So he brought me to his car where he patted me down and put me in the back. Even though I felt like a G it was a big inconvenience. After 20 minutes he finally let me go when he ran my name. Now I got a big ass fine to pay and a court date. In the words of NWA, Fuck the Police.

6 comments:

Julissa said...

WOW, Robin...I like the end of your blog. But it was a pretty good story to tell your friends.

cassie said...

well i think you forgot the part about how you always forget to shut the door to the coup but yeah scrap you are a g and NWA had it right.

Robin said...

I only left the door open cuz dummy kelly was supposed to get out my way but didnt

Anonymous said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, let me tell something
I actually went to juvy at 14 for fighting a sheriff in monroe!
hahahaha!!
(sorry about that, especially not knowing how to turn on a heater, really!? you can't!?)

Robin said...

you fought a sheriff? thats intense not even a sentury?
heaters can be tricky

Unknown said...

From what I've gathered, the most important part about driving is to stay aware of your surroundings. You can never be sure, and an accident may happen in a split second!! The court fine sucks, but all we can do is learn from our mistakes.